Wednesday 9 October 2013

My pleasure is entirely in the Lord of magnificent hosts

God of all lights, I do pray for your people, that their 

treasure will be found in thee, for you are worth more 

than ten minutes a day, more than an hour a week, 

and 

more than a thanks for every meal. For when men in 

their leisures do employ, rarely is it seen that it should 

be wrapped up in thee, for indeed they joy in health, 

dance and play and do their favourite things, but 

rare as a phoenix seen, once a millennia, that a soul 

should say, 'my pleasure is entirely in the Lord of 

magnificent hosts.' 

Reading or swimming, playing or listening, this alone 

satisfies 

my soul: Worshipping my Lord, desiring his presence 

alone.


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...