Monday 25 July 2011

Miscellanies 11 - How could she believe unless I preach

I was sitting on a bench and an old rough looking woman sat next to me. I turned my head to look at her but she took no notice of me. I looked at her and thought I wonder if she knows the Lord, if she is safe in his kingdom. I lingered my stare and thought more that how can she believe unless someone tells her, preaches (declares) the gospel to her. I looked away and when i turned my eyes back towards her she was gone. I know not of her eternal destiny but if she is an unbeliever then I pray that God may bring someone into her life to declare the gospel to her and if she is a believer that she may present the gospel to others.


How can they believe at work, at university, in churches, on the streets, in sports, in leisure unless someone preaches it to them? How can they know of the eternal hope which lays beautifully inside of you? How can they know? But some of us are ashamed, some of us are scared, some of us want to but don't know how, and some of us do declare it and thus suffer the reproach and praise the acceptance of our message. How can they believe unless we preach, unless we declare it with our words and live it with our lives.


For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed what he has heard from us?" So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.  Romans 10:13-17

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...