Saturday 21 September 2013

I knew a sad boy: I am not hers

I once knew a sad boy who wrote down these words and gave it for me to read. He writes:

.... I am not hers but very jealous when she gives attention to other guys. I exclaimed in my soul, O she likes them very much and they like her very much. They shall soon be joined in happy matrimony and we shall not attend. We shall find a good reason to exclude ourselves and busy our bruised fancy with something of a similar kind. But O there is nothing similar to her, nothing at all. What shall be our comfort? Perhaps we are better off to wallow in our misfortune and caress our loss. But there’s no virtue in pity of this kind, none of it at all. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...