Wednesday 11 September 2013

Sin waits to swallow me

Sin waits to swallow me, All the day

lurking, marking to fall my steps, On me

it shines its oppressive rays, waiting to

kill my soul. It drenches me with taunts 

of woe, that I my flesh should feed not 

starve, for when all is said and done, 

grace will abound all the more. 'No, sin,' 

the spirit in me replies, 'iniquity shall 

bring no psalms of joy, but obedience 

shall kindly yield, the heart a happy 

bliss, 

even though the flesh begins to die, for

eyes were made to gaze at God, and 

hands were made to ask for more. As 

long as I dwell in this redeemed tent, 

then I shall war till He safely meets his 

Lord.'

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...