Friday 3 June 2016

Miscellanies 95 - To watch my heart

For a while I believe that I have not kept a strict and constant watch over my own heart. Hence I believe that I am in this present misery, this darkness for I have fallen into the tempting, charming and dangerous snares of this world. O that now when I lift my voice to pray my sins are before me. Help me dear Lord out of my poor condition. Let me see the beauty of your grace! O to watch my heart and cease from straying. What a Jubilee when I will embrace Christ and rest in him as the end of all my joy and happiness. This I know to be true but may my life reflect it. This narrow path is hard. May I no longer loiter on my heavenly journey – may I forever kiss Egypt goodbye! 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...