Miscellanies 96: Early morning I rise to pray

Early morning I rise to pray; it is the first duty of my soul. To worship God and seek his face to help me face this present-day. I start with repentance for I know that I am a sinful soul, yet justified made righteous through the life and death of Christ, my King and eternal Lord. Then I thank him for such sweet mercies, and how glad I am that his grace is enough for me each day. Then back to sleep or onto something else but not before I tell him my heart. I am weak and weary, I have many faults; sometimes I wish to go away. I lament and cry to him but rest in his divine sovereignty. He is for me and for my good, this day let me glorify you.

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it mean to live a godly life?

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah