Saturday 4 June 2016

Miscellanies 96: Early morning I rise to pray

Early morning I rise to pray; it is the first duty of my soul. To worship God and seek his face to help me face this present-day. I start with repentance for I know that I am a sinful soul, yet justified made righteous through the life and death of Christ, my King and eternal Lord. Then I thank him for such sweet mercies, and how glad I am that his grace is enough for me each day. Then back to sleep or onto something else but not before I tell him my heart. I am weak and weary, I have many faults; sometimes I wish to go away. I lament and cry to him but rest in his divine sovereignty. He is for me and for my good, this day let me glorify you.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...