Monday 28 February 2011

Are you crippled by fear in evangelism?

Faith in God is able to cripple all your fears in evangelism. You see your fear arises because you have set your eyes upon man and not upon God. You are convinced that the man may ridicule your presentation, be wiser than you, think you a fool for believing such nonsense. You focus on yourself and your own inability and this are the reasons why you are crippled by fear but now oh man lift your eyes to the Lord and be like Caleb who did not look at the strength of the Canaanites and the weakness of Israel but he looked upon God Almighty who is the Lord of Host and the Canaanites were destroyed thus Israel entered the land flowing with milk and Honey. Set your eyes upon the Lord and delight yourself in His power for your God is able to save and if we rely on His mercy, grace and Love, then what have we to fear? For if I go out placing all of my hope in God waiting for Him to display His glory through me, will I be disappointed? Absolutely not for fear shall flee from me and with great boldness and love I shall speak, rebuke, and exhort my fellow citizens with the gospel of Christ. I shall pack my bag, head to the streets and ask to pray for the heathens knowing that God is already at work and I am just joining in His work. God is able to save, so when I venture in all circumstances to reach my fellow men, I care nothing for comfort or happiness, sorrow or pain, nor in the will of man but all my hope is in the sovereign mercy of God that perhaps God through me will do a work which will ripple through the end of time. Now, reflect upon your own life and evangelism (your desire to tell your people about the whole counsel of God), where are your eyes set, are you yet crippled by fear if you are then I beseech you to set your eyes upon God believing that He is able to conquer giants and move mountains of which you are to be the instrument on which the victory will commence.

But you may say how can I set my eyes wholly upon God in order to be rid of all my fears? I shall tell you how my dear friend!

First, ask yourself is God able to do whatever He pleases? Absolutely! And is anyone able to restrict his hand? Certainly not. In the past has not God moved in your life, in History, and in others in ways unexpected and has he not by  His mercy brought about great revivals and the salvation of the most wicked souls? Absolutely! And ask yourself this question, are you believing and trusting that God is able to use you for His glory - to bring about the salvation of your precious friends? Are you assured that God is passionately devoted to the task of restoring and redeeming his people (those who are not yet his) because they are in need to hear the gospel from your lips and see the fruits of your Christian life?

My friends, focus on Christ and your heart will be easily encouraged. Fear will become to you like an ant of which is no difficulty for you to crush. In view of this, of looking entirely upon God more in faith (for faith expresses itself in actions and works) you will see heaven invade earth in all your endeavour and the power of the Spirit will flood your entire ministry. Also faith expresses itself in prayer, in continual prayer for it is the expression of your dependence upon God. If a man prayeth not his faith is weak but if a man is found constantly on bended knees, He is entirely full of faith and in time of the hour He shall duly fulfil his task and the Spirit will speak and act accordingly through him as He wills. I am a transgressor in this as well my friends but today I repent by gazing upon the man on the cross in whom all my sins were nailed, and by whom I am justified and eternally accepted. I gaze and watch as he bows his head and gives His soul, then He was taken down, dead, balmed, and buried. I gaze yet and found him to be raised and therein all my hopes resurrected, and before my eyes, to the eye of my soul I see Him with a glittering smile. I gaze as I watch Him fly to the His heavenly throne and today I gaze knowing that he is here with me and though His Spirit which lives in me my eyes can see and adore the perfections of His Godly face. Oh my beloved, my beloved, my eyes will never fade from thee as yours never fade from me.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...