Friday 25 February 2011

Time to pray and shine

I am moved by the restless situation that is occurring all across the world, it seems that the kingdoms of this world has been shaken. Creation is groaning and rebelling against the sinful acts of men, human establishments are crumbling and happiness is decreasing. I feel a worldwide unrest especially with the current situation in the middle east and the impact the conflict will have on the economy especially among the poor of the poorest. My soul is troubled within me and as I watched the news last night, I held my hands in my face and asked the Lord, that how do I interpret these times, what is happening and how are your people to react. There are passages to which one could turn to in the New testament, that calls for the alertness of believers, that warns that time is short and the day of judgement is at hand, therefore do not be slack but work while it is still day. Paul warns the Church at Ephesus to ‘be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but wise, making the most of every opportunity , because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is… Instead be filled with the Spirit’ (Eph 5:15-18). I do not want to be foolish in these times but I want to know what God’s will is and I want to do all that I can to be prepared and to prepare others.  In answer to my prayer I believe, I was in a dream and much of it I cannot remember and it was not until my awakening that I concluded that this must be perhaps what to be doing in these times. I found myself in a place with two others and being chased by a force we entered this place and held the door. We held the door by prayer and the force could not enter in, then I awoke. I was filled with a sense of urgency to pray and to make this my daily diet and to seek out to people with the gospel of repentance, the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a time for God’s people to pray as never prayed before and a time to shine, for creation is waiting for the Sons of God to be revealed. We must not veil the gospel in these times for if we veil it, it is only to the detriment of those who are perishing but with unveiled faces we must declare the good news of Christ administered with a thorough devotion to prayer and practical Love.

And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh. Romans 13:11-14.


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...