Thursday 10 February 2011

Fixed on you

I conceived I’ll pass over your face
Discard from my memory your girlish grace
Dismiss the feelings like yesterday’s race
But here I am remembering your ways


The seasons change but mine remains
Winter chilled my love in place
The Robins have no tree to nest
The doves eschew their custom pair


I sigh my deep faded face
Mourning the day my longing grew
A fever burned my eyes to tears
Crippled by a love I wish to tear


Here I set a tent in the hills of doom
Waiting for the march of the valiant steed  
Even in times of war and death 
My heart is eternally fixed on you


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...