Her prisms my heart bounds



She still permeates all of me, my love for her rises beyond the horizon of simplicity; it is wide, deep and long. There is no shortness about it- the memories of her is like the vision of Victoria Falls, like an undisturbed Beethoven symphony. Oh here I know the definition of longing for that which I cannot have but my eyes have seen and was satisfied. Broken-hearted, attempted to be mended by nymphs in cupid’s college. Still I rise to wake in hope with her to sleep but mortal dreams no stillness hold like name writ on tossing waters; wishing to be free to swim another sea but her prisms my heart bounds, no other Juliet for me than her. Painting a picture, all my sketches her theme abounds; far defining my gravity, in her law weeping a rain of sorrows before my subdued fall, her sweet name remembered long after deaths call by her sting of unconscious rejection.

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

What does it mean to live a godly life?

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah