Saturday 20 October 2012

Miscellanies 56: Why am I so favored?


Are these not sweet words from Elizabeth when she saw Mary and said ‘but why am I so favored that the mother of my Lord should visit me?’ O are these not the utterance of all those who have been kissed by effectual grace? They say like Elizabeth, but why am I so favored that God would let his light shine in my darkened heart so that I may behold the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. O why me. Why such a visit to a sinners house, why the free costly cleansing, why the love unconditional, why such large mercy. O I have not an answer, not at all except that my eyes water, and my heart praises my God for such a mighty hearty affection towards me a willful rebel. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...