Friday 7 January 2011

Humble me

My question is what would you have me do my Lord? How would you have me spent my time? should I humble myself and endure in joyful meditation at your word?


Humble this heart of mine, I have seen the pride within. Please oh Lord sanctify me, for I wish to please you, I do not want to dwell in vain religion, but I want to seek you Lord above my brethrens in secret, in that place where only you  and the Father may see and the Spirit within, so I’ll seek your face and your righteousness. I am surrendering all to you, all to you. Fill me Lord fill me for I do not want to be filled by anything else but you; if you do not fill me Lord will not my poor soul be tempted to look elsewhere; so here I am waiting at the cross.  I will give you my all and I pray that you may humble my soul and draw me to your breast where I can drink of that living water and be satisfied by your goodness. 


‘That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon and our hands have handled concerning the Word of life- the life was manifested, and we have seen and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and  was manifested to us’. I want to see it Lord, to see you in all of your glory. Humble me oh Lord my God, humble my soul. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...