Tuesday 8 January 2013

A prayer for my soul - Remove your stroke from me

My God, I said , "I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my eyes by not looking at unworthy things, and I will guard my heart by keeping it focus on Christ". For a while My Lord, I maintained my discipline, I kept on the path of holiness till I looked away. My heart burned with passion, my eyes were enticed by the world and my distress grew worse. I cried and remained silent in despair mourning my ungodly ways. "O Lord, make me know my end and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting I am. Behold, you have made my days like a few nights and my lifetime is nothing before you. It shall disappear as the smoke. Deliver me O Lord from all my transgressions. For what do I wait? My hope is in you. I am mute; I do not open my mouth. It is hard to pray to the heavens, for you have filled me with despair and sadness. Remove your stroke from me; I am spent by the hostility of your hand. When you discipline a man with rebukes for sin, you consume like a moth what is dear to him; you have taken away my joy. Hear me O God, give ears to my petition; hold not your peace at my tears for soon I will go to the grave. Look away from me, that I may smile again, put in me a clean spirit and restore the joy of my salvation!"

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...