Friday 11 January 2013

My Soul, sing this Hymn with me

What is your trouble my Soul? What is it that has thrown you into a tempest rage? Is it because of the wants which you desire that is lacking from you? Is it because you are discontent of your current position in life and will to do more? Are you full of jealousy? Are you envious because those of your peers are advancing and you are declining? Are you in tears over your sins? Are you willing to be more holy but you see your failures as clear as day? Are you mournful over your bitterness?

My Soul, whatever it is that troubles thee, let it trouble you no longer. It is not so much trouble that troubles but a heart unwilling to rest on the promises of God. Has it not been written, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil". Yes it has been written thus and on this you should stake your comfort. Cease my soul from murmuring! Away with your complaints. No more mumble under the clouds of your misery for mumbling is no better than mutiny in the heart; it is a rebellion against God and his goodness.

Be still my Soul, for the Lord is on thy side. Do you believe this or do you dare to doubt even this where the devil dare not lie in his own heart but will come and fill you with lies regarding this unmovable truth. He is on thy side and because it is so, bear patiently the cross of grief or pain, In every change He remains faithful.

My Soul, the waves and winds haven't forgotten for a single hour that voice who ruled them here below. When in their distress they raged at the King and his disciples, having a demon in them to devour God's holy saints, the One to whom all must bow spoke with the voice by which they were created to be still. And without delay, they quietened as a child weaned and nourished from his Mother's sweet breast. They obeyed without an objection.

Therefore my Soul, my troubled soul, cast all your lot upon Jesus Christ. Throw yourself upon Him with great earnestness and you shall see that you shall come away weaned and quietened. Your lot will be among those who are led by the still rivers. Do it now my Soul, all of heaven is awaiting thy prayer and submission, the Lord Jesus himself is waiting for you and he expects no delay. Will you break the Father's heart by not returning to his supper table, will you not come at once to break bread with him. Can you not see Gabrielle delaying his departure to heaven for He is waiting to bring back goodnews to heaven's shores. Will you allow all the host of heaven to mourn another day because you are not willing to repent? O come now, sing the hymn with me:

1.Be still, my soul; the Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul; thy best, thy heavenly, Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
 
2. Be still, my soul; thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as He has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence, let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul; the waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below.
 
3. Be still, my soul, though dearest friends depart
And all is darkened in the vale of tears;
Then shalt thou better know His love, His heart,
Who comes to soothe thy sorrows and thy fears.
Be still, my soul; thy Jesus can repay
From His own fulness all He takes away.
 
4. Be still, my soul; the hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul; when change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
 
K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...