Friday 28 December 2012

A Prayer for my soul - Enter not into judgement with your servant

Dear God, my Father who art in Heaven, I beg you with all the tears I can cry for you to hear my prayer. O Yahweh, give ear to my supplications. Answer me, not according to my faithfulness nor righteousness but answer me according to Yours. And enter not into judgment with me your servant, the one whom you have called; for in thy sight shall no man living be justified. The enemy has persecuted my soul, namely the devil, sin and my flesh. They have smitten my life down to the ground. They have made me to dwell in darkness as those that have been long dead. My soul was dead to thee and to my friends. There was no spiritual fervour in me, causing me to sit from a distance only to contemplate the worship that all the saints are enjoying in your house, namely the church. Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate. I remember the days of old; I meditated on all thy works, storing up your words in my heart; I mused on the works of thy hands and rejoiced exceedingly in thy great salvation. I was filled with a fervent zeal to preach your gospel and to love all with the love that you showed me. Today Lord, I stretch forth my hands unto you: my soul is thirsty for you. Hear me quickly LORD, my spirit is speedily failing: hide not your face from me, lest I be among them that shipwreck their faith and go down to hades with abundance of sorrow. Cause me to feel your lovingkindness in the morning because in you do I trust. Cause me to know the way where I should walk because I lift up my soul unto you. Deliver me my God from mine enemies: It is to you I flee to hide and protect me. In my own strength I have failed so my God teach me to do thy will for you are my Father. Your Spirit is good; lead me into the life of uprightness. Awaken me O Lord for thy name's sake. Do it for your righteousness and glory and bring my soul out of this darkness. And of your mercy, cut off my enemies. Slay them with your mighty arm, and destroy them that afflict my soul because I am your child.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...