Thursday 6 December 2012

And I hear that she is leaving

And I hear that She is leaving, that Golden lived lady who has been to me a refreshing air.
Her summer glow made my flowers bud. Her lively greetings warmed the joy in my soul.
O for her to stay,
I pray dear God that my eyes be blessed once more to see her jovial sky.
And if I should not be blessed with seeing such lovely pasture
Then I bid her all the sunshine of heaven and more, and all of love's uncontainable Joy.


This was for a colleague, or I should say, a brief friend who is leaving today and I may never see her again. So I wrote her a goodbye poem.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...